Zucchini and Meatballs. These meatless Zucchini Meatballs are made with grated zucchini, garlic, Pecorino Romano, basil, bread crumbs and egg, then baked in the oven and finished in a pomodoro sauce. Zucchini "Meatballs" from Delish.com are the best! Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
These Ricotta Zucchini "Meatballs" are melt-in-your-mouth-amazing zucchini meatballs with ricotta and parmesan cheese, topped with a warm and bubbly tomato sauce! Healthy turkey meatballs are simple to make, and when served with zucchini noodles, you've got yourself an easy healthy dinner recipe. Without fail, you will find me at a gym every Monday-Friday. You can cook Zucchini and Meatballs using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini and Meatballs
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- You need 1/4 c of seasoned dry breadcrumbs.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of parsley or Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/3 c of Parmesan cheese, grated.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves chopped.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 (25 oz) of spaghetti sauce.
- You need 4 of medium zucchini, cut into noodles with a sprializer.
- Prepare 1 c of Provolone cheese, grated (optional).
Enjoy as is or toss with marinara sauce. Transfer zucchini to large serving bowl, add several spoonfuls of sauce (without meatballs), and gently toss to combine. Serve zucchini with remaining sauce and meatballs. However, these meatballs with zucchini are made with ground beef only.
Zucchini and Meatballs step by step
- Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, seasonings, garlic, Parmesan in a bowl. Form into meatballs..
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally until all sides are brown 4-6 minutes..
- Continue to cook on stove turning heat down to med-low slowly add in spaghetti sauce. Simmer turning meatballs occasionally, 16 minutes..
- In separate skillet add tablespoon of oil med-high heat. Add zucchini and cook untl just tender 2 minutes. Don't over cook. Season with salt and pepper to your liking (Note:not too much)..
- Sprinkle provolone over meatballs, until melted..
- Serve meatballs over noodles topped with Parmesan..
In order, to impart the meatballs extra juiciness we add the grated zucchini, eggs, some fresh breadcrumbs. Be the first to review this recipe. Combine the zucchini with the egg, breadcrumbs and herbs. Return the grated zucchini to the mixing bowl. Stir until evenly mixed and form into golf.