You can have Zucchini Risotto using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Risotto
- It’s 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of arborio rice.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 of small zucchini.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Zucchini Risotto step by step
- Slice zucchini on the bias to 1/4" thick slices. Heat chicken broth in a small sauce pan to almost boiling. Reduce heat, keep warm over low heat..
- In a separate, medium sized sauce pan heat oil and butter over medium high heat. As soon as butter melts add zucchini..
- Sautée until zucchini just begins to soften. For crisper zucchini remove from pan with slotted spoon to leave oil/butter behind and set aside. For ultra-soft zucchini that will blend into your risotto leave in pan to cook entire time..
- Add rice to pan. Cook to toast lightly, stirring constantly. About 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low. Add one cup hot broth. Stir constantly until broth is mostly abdorbed..
- Add the remaining broth one cup at a time allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding more. When final cup of broth is about 3/4 absorbed reduce heat to low and stir in parmesan..
- If you removed zucchini from the pan: For medium-soft zucchini return to pan half way through cooking risotto. For firmest texture add with parmesan..
- Taste before serving. Add salt and pepper if desired (I rarely add any cause the parmesan is usually salty enough). Enjoy!.