Zucchini pasta with avocado pesto. This spiralized zucchini pasta is tossed in creamy basil and avocado pesto to make a deliciously low carb and gluten-free dinner! Zucchini is soft enough to cut into perfect spirals, and its neutral flavor makes it great as a pasta substitute! And when topped with creamy avocado pesto…perfection.
We love getting creative with meal prep, so this week we decided to put a twist on the traditional pesto pasta dish. We whipped up a Zucchini Pesto Pasta. This zucchini noodle pasta is made with spiralized zucchini noodles instead of regular carb loaded pasta. You can have Zucchini pasta with avocado pesto using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini pasta with avocado pesto
- It’s 1 of zucchini.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of ripe avocado.
- It’s Handful of fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 15 pieces of fresh oregano leaves.
- You need 60 g of pine nuts.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare 100 g of parmesan cheese for topping.
Mix pesto with zucchini pasta and top over thin strips of purple cabbage. Finally top with tomatoes, minced chives and season. Zucchini Pasta Shrimp with creamy avocado pesto sauce. This zoodles-with-avocado-pesto recipe is quick and perfect for summer.
Zucchini pasta with avocado pesto instructions
- With a veggie peeler slice the zucchini diagonally into thin slices. Then cut them diagonally again into spaghetti size strips. Of course if you have veggie spiralizer you are free to use it instead.
- Put a little olive oil in a pan and fry the zucchini with a pinch of salt until cooked. Keep it warm..
- Make the avocado pesto: put the peeled avocado and olive oil,pine nuts, the fresh herbs,lemon juice and salt and pepper into a food mixer and mix it to a smooth paste..
- Serve the zucchini spaghetti with the avocado pesto and top it with the parmesan. Let me know if you re-created this recipe :D.
Zucchini noodles with shrimp can be made vegan, with shrimp, or with chicken. These avocado pesto zucchini noodles are the perfect way to lighten up a classic dish. Packed with flavor + nutrition you'll never miss the actual pasta! You might recognize this particular dish from my latest What I Eat in a Day video; they're the avocado pesto zucchini noodles that you guys have all. Includes zucchini, cherry tomatoes, avocado, basil leaves, garlic, nutritional yeast, olive oil, fresh parsley, salt.