Smothered Chicken breast with onions and mushrooms & provolone cheese.
You can have Smothered Chicken breast with onions and mushrooms & provolone cheese using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smothered Chicken breast with onions and mushrooms & provolone cheese
- You need of Marinade for chicken.
- You need 2/3 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 4 of -6 chicken breast.
- It’s of smothered part of chicken.
- It’s 4 slice of bacon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 medium of onion, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 4 of -8 slices of provolone cheese (you could use whatever cheese you like).
Smothered Chicken breast with onions and mushrooms & provolone cheese instructions
- Pound out chicken breast or slice in half lengthwise, just make sure they are all about the same thickness. Add chicken into marinade mixture and marinade for 30min-2 hours in fridge..
- Cook bacon in a large skillet til crispy, drain on paper towel and set aside. In the same skillet with the bacon grease add in the butter then add the onion and cook til carmelized. Remove from skillet and set aside. In same pan add mushrooms and cook til carmelized in color, remove and set aside. You will be layering these on the chicken..
- While you are doing step 2, in another skillet or grill pan cook chicken til no longer pink and is nice and brown..
- Preheat broiler, place chicken in a casserole dish and begin layering these starting with the bacon, then mushrooms, then onion. Put under broiler just until mushrooms and onions are heated back up then remove and add cheese on top, put back under broiler just til cheese has melted..