Noodle Soup a.k.a Mee Soup. There are two different types of prawn noodle soup in Singapore and Malaysia. The Penang version has sambal chilli added to the soup that gives it a hot and. Pan Mee has been part of our Malaysian staple for as long as I could remember, a bowl of handmade noodles served in anchovies soup topped with julienned wood ear fungus, minced meat, and In this Pan Mee recipe, you will learn all the steps from making the handmade noodles to the anchovies soup.
But this Curry Mee (curry noodle soup) recipe in particular brings me back to fond memories of getting Malaysian food at a restaurant called The term “Malaysian Chinese” entered my consciousness, and I began to regularly crave bowls of “curry mee,” the yellow curry noodle soup that inspired this post. Hae Mee, or Hokkien prawn mee noodle soup, is a popular dish in Singapore and Malaysia, It is a wonderful take on the Hokkien food originating from Taiwan and the southeast of China. The cuisine has been popularized in coastal city homes all over the continent. You can cook Noodle Soup a.k.a Mee Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Noodle Soup a.k.a Mee Soup
- Prepare 1 portion of wet noodle (you can use dried noodle as well, boil and drain it, mix with a bit of oil).
- You need of Mushroom, sliced (any mushroom will do).
- You need of Any meat, thin sliced (optional). Marinate with a bit of oil, salt and white pepper ±10 mins.
- It’s of Any veggies (I use Chinese cabbage), cut normal size.
- Prepare 1 inch of fresh ginger, thin sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 of onion, thin sliced vertically.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need Pinch of white pepper.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Spring onion, chopped.
- It’s of Parsley or celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 bowl of water.
When I first saw this recipe in Lace. The prawn noodle soup is, of course, still the star of the show. Khoon Kee Tasty Prawn Mee and Char Kway Teow. Unlike many other popular hawker stores, this one is open most of the day, so even if you are craving.
Noodle Soup a.k.a Mee Soup instructions
- Boil the water, put on onion and ginger until fragrant, add on meat and mushroom until the meat changing color, then add on veggies. When the veggies cooked enough, put on chopped celery and spring onion, salt and white pepper, stir a while. Done.
- Soak the wet noodle into another boiling water ± 2 mins, then drain. Put into a bowl..
- Heat up 2 tablespoon of oil, fry the minced garlic until turn into golden. Pour onto the noodle, mix well..
- Serve with the soup, you can mix them or serve in two separate bowl.
Also known as har mee, this hawker classic uses prawn shells and heads to develop its signature, full-flavoured broth. Do as the locals do and save shells and heads used for cooking other dishes in the freezer until you have enough – the more, the better the broth. Noodle soup refers to a variety of soups with noodles and other ingredients served in a light broth. Noodle soup is common dish across East and Southeast Asia. Soup is a great way to use leftover pasta—spaghetti, udon, egg noodles, orecchiette and ramen are all delicious.