Sauteed chicken breast in tamarind habanero reduction sauce. Bring water and salt to a boil. Photo: Becky Luigart-Staynor; Stylist: Cindy Barr. I paired this chicken with the spicy orange sauce and thought it was delicious.
It's fancy enough for company and simple enough for everyday fare. The sauce goes together in moments, finishes reducing while the chicken rests, and uses only three ingredients. A reduction is the result of boiling or cooking down a liquid until it reduces to the consistency of a sauce. You can cook Sauteed chicken breast in tamarind habanero reduction sauce using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sauteed chicken breast in tamarind habanero reduction sauce
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breast, boneless.
- You need 1 tsp of himalayan pink salt.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 6 of tamarinds, fresh.
- It’s 1 of habanero pepper, medium.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut oil, organic.
- Prepare 1 cup of Tuscan kale.
- You need 10 of cherry tomatoes.
The liquid can be just about anything but is usually Another basic reduction sauce I make a lot at home is a simple pan sauce. Here's where you saute, lets say a chicken breast, in a saute pan. The chile-tamarind sauce is a refined, complex variation on classic satay sauce, which is traditionally thickened with Place tamarind square in small bowl. Cover with boiling water and let stand until pulp softens I used the left over sauce and veggies mixed with chicken broth to make soup the next day.
Sauteed chicken breast in tamarind habanero reduction sauce instructions
- Peel tamarinds and remove seeds..
- Bring water and salt to a boil..
- Add tamarind pulp and seeds from habanero pepper..
- Slice rest of pepper and put aside..
- Bring ingredients to a boil and reduce water over medium meat..
- Mash tamarind pulp while reducing to loosen flesh..
- Heat coconut oil in sautee pan over medium high heat..
- Strain reduction into hot pan, using back of spoon to push through most of the tamarind flesh..
- After reducing sauce to a syrupy consistency, add chicken breast and sautee over medium heat, turning half way..
- Plate chicken over Tuscan kale and garnish with habanero pepper strips and cherry tomatoes..
- Spoon remaining sauce over chicken..
Kirk enhances one of Basu's Homestyle Indian sauces and demonstrates how to pan sear / bake chicken breasts to lock in the juices. I sautéed the onions and garlic for a bit. I also toasted some cumin seeds and allspice berries in a dry pan then ground them up (I have to recommend getting a mortar and pestle. Place sliced chicken in a bowl and pour over the cornstarch and soy sauce mixture. Make the tamarind stir-fry sauce by mixing all ingredients together in a cup.