Stove Top Mac n Cheese a/k/a never buy the boxed stuff again. This truly is the BEST stovetop mac and cheese recipe! That said, I do have one. Mac and Cheese – Homemade Stove Top – The Hillbilly Kitchen.
Stir together Alton Brown's kid-pleasing Stovetop Mac-and-Cheese recipe from Good Eats on Food Network and you'll never go back to the store-bought box. Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir into the pasta and add the cheese. You can have Stove Top Mac n Cheese a/k/a never buy the boxed stuff again using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stove Top Mac n Cheese a/k/a never buy the boxed stuff again
- You need 1 lb of elbow macaroni.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 4 each of eggs.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese Do Not Use Velveeta or American cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dry mustard.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 dash of of hot sauce.
While you might shy away from making this at home because I never even bought a box of mac and cheese again. What can I say besides thank you, Alton Brown! Mac and cheese gotta be the most american recipe there is, like a heart attack in a meal. Game plan: If the mac 'n' cheese is on the runny side, let it sit on the stove for a minute or two before serving to finish absorbing the half-and-half.
Stove Top Mac n Cheese a/k/a never buy the boxed stuff again instructions
- Prepare pasta. Don't forget to salt the water..
- In a bowl mix milk, eggs, mustard, hot sauce and pepper..
- Once pasta is al dente drain, add back to pan and add butter, stir until butter is melted. Add egg mixture to pan and stir. Turn heat to low and keep stirring until mixture is warm..
- Add cheese in batches and stir until cheese is melted. Keep stirring until cheese is no longer stringy and sauce is thickened. Salt to tast. Be careful as cheese is salty so not much is needed..
- Add roasted chicken or ground meat to make a complete meal..
Macaroni and cheese is a classic comfort food that's simple to make. Try stepping away from the box, and surrender yourself to the teachings of Erin. When I was little, my favorite meal was Kraft macaroni and cheese with slices of Ball Park hot dogs stirred in. Easy Stove-top Mac And Cheese Recipe. Creamy Stovetop Mac 'n' Cheese That's Even More Comforting Than Kraft.