Smothered Chicken Breasts. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Smothered Chicken Breasts Smothered Chicken Breasts. Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon pepper.
The chicken breasts cook up tender and moist in a richly flavored gravy. How To Make Smothered Chicken Breasts: Season the chicken breasts and dredge in flour. Heat the bacon grease and vegetable oil in a pan and brown the chicken on both sides. You can cook Smothered Chicken Breasts using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smothered Chicken Breasts
- You need of Chicken.
- Prepare 4 of Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Season Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Lemon-pepper Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Canola Oil.
- It’s of Topping For Chicken.
- You need 4 of Bacon Strips.
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheese.
Place the chicken in a baking dish, but leave the grease in the pan. Smothered Chicken Recipe Also Easy Diabetic Recipe. Not only will your family love this Smothered Chicken breasts recipe, but you will also feel good about giving them a healthy – even diabetic friendly – home cooked meal, all in a matter of minutes! Place chicken in a casserole dish.
Smothered Chicken Breasts instructions
- To start, sprinkle chicken with season salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet cook the chicken in the canola oil until cooked through. Remove and keep warm..
- In that same skillet, cook the bacon (cut in half to make 8 pieces,) until crisp..
- Drain skillet keeping 2 tablespoons of the juices..
- Add the 2 tablespoons to a skillet, saute the onion and brown sugar until onion is tender and golden brown..
- Place two bacon pieces on top of each chicken. Top with the onion mix, and then shredded cheese (of your choice, I use colby.).
- (from taste of home recipes).
Season to your liking with salt, pepper,and garlic powder (both sides). The smart cooking sidekick that learns what you like and customizes the experience to your personal tastes, nutritional needs, skill level, and more. Smothered chicken is a down home comforting dish that takes on many forms depending on the cook and their interpretation of the dish. This is a "no fuss" version that's smothered with gravy and a healthy dose of home cooked love. It's baked in one of my most beloved kitchen tools, my cast iron dutch oven.