Chocolate Zucchini Cake. Super moist and indulgent chocolate zucchini cake is studded with chocolate chips and topped with chocolate fudge frosting. Made with three cups of shredded zucchini (you can't taste it!), this is the. This moist Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Chocolate frosting is easy to make and a family favorite dessert!
The main distinction of chocolate zucchini cake is its moistness. The zucchini absorbs the cocoa while delivering the full flavor of chocolate, but without the heaviness of some other chocolate cakes. Amazingly rich and decadent, this Chocolate Zucchini Cake is what all chocolate cakes should strive to be. You can cook Chocolate Zucchini Cake using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- It’s of Cake batter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Oil.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of White sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 cup of Grated zucchini.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need of Ganache frosting.
- You need 12 oz of Bag of chocolate chips, I prefer semi-sweet.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Whipping cream or half & half.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Almond extract or other extract, optional.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
It is so easy to make and no one will notice the zucchini in the cake, but they will be happy it's. You're going to love this cake! This chocolate zucchine cake is the MOST amazing chocolate cake you could imagine! You would NEVER guess that this insanely moist chocolate cake has.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream the butter, oil, & sugar with an electric mixer..
- Add the eggs and beat in. Fold in the grated zucchini..
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Then mix into the wet mixture..
- Lastly, add in the buttermilk & vanilla and beat on low until just combined..
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 cake pan. Spread out evenly in the pan..
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes to one hour, or until completely set in the middle. Time will vary depending on the moisture content of your zucchini..
- Let cool completely before frosting the cake..
- For the ganache: Heat the cream to a slow boil…just when you see the small bubbles around the edge of sauce pan. Then pour the hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit one minute before beginning to whisk until completely smooth. Whisk in one tablespoon butter, cut into small chunks and flavoring extract if using..
- Let the ganache cool slightly before frosting the cake..
Zucchini Cake. by Chocolate Covered Katie. This zucchini cake recipe is one of my go-to recipes for any summer party, since everyone seems to go crazy for zucchini in the summertime. Chocolate zucchini cake is not something to mess around with. You need the best chocolate Amazingly light and fluffy, this zucchini cake is so moist and chocolatey. This cake is based on the chocolate zucchini muffin recipe from our cookbook (one of my favorite You could also make this chocolate zucchini cake into muffins/cupcakes if you like, just reduce the.