Baby Cereal – Rice (Just Add Water!). Baby rice cereal or rice porridge recipe for babies with step by step photos. You can also add few drops of ghee if using dal to make the baby cereal. About Homemade Baby Rice Cereal. • Brown Rice has more natural nutrients than white rice, which was been stripped of most of the good stuff.
Have you heard about rice cereals and how you can feed it to your baby in a bottle? Homemade brown rice baby cereal is packed with iron, fiber, manganese, protein and a ton of other essential vitamins and minerals for growing baby. It makes for a great first food for baby, or it can easily be mixed into other fruit or veggie purees for a wholesome and delicious meal! You can cook Baby Cereal – Rice (Just Add Water!) using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baby Cereal – Rice (Just Add Water!)
- You need 1 of Whole Grain Brown Rice.
- You need of Equipment.
- You need 1 of Coffee Grinder.
- Prepare 1 of Dehydrator.
Curious about starting solids to your baby? This recipe makes an ideal first food, as nothing better than homemade MOM-made. I just had my baby and I have said through out my whole pregnancy that I was going to make my own baby food. I never thought about making the cereal until.
Baby Cereal – Rice (Just Add Water!) instructions
- Add rice to coffee grinder, and reduce to a fine powder..
- Bring water to a boil. Add rice powder (1/4 cup powder for 1 cup water), cook on low heat, whisking constantly to avoid lumps..
- Let cool. Can be served as is, or kept in the refrigerator 72 hours. If such is the case, add breastmilk or formula to acheive desired consistency..
- Spread cooked cereal in a thin layer on a “fruit roll up” tray, and place in dehydrator. Set dehydrator to 115°F, and leave for twelve hours, or until the rice looks like “chips”, and break when touched..
- Place “chips” to coffee grinder, and reduce to a fine power. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, away from moisture..
- To serve, add warm breastmilk, water, or formula, until desired consistency is obtained..
Baby rice cereal isn't whole rice for obvious reasons, but it's not even just ground. Rice cereal is usually highly processed until it's converted into light flakes, which are “instantly” ready for consumption. This is done to make a true convenience food that's easy to just stir into milk or formula, but it also. A baby being fed rice cereal. When your baby is around six months Rice cereal is the first food introduced because it is not likely to cause an allergic reaction.