Potato and Ground beef Gratin. Spread half of the potatoes in baking dish. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. Potatoes and ground meat are usually a winner in many dinner tables – so if you combine both you get the best dish of the night: Potato and Ground Beef.
If potatoes aren't tender after total baking time, cover dish with aluminum foil and continue baking recipe, best, easy, ideas, potluck, casserole, potatoes, potato, cheese, cheesy, au gratin, scalloped, hamburger, beef. Potatoes au Gratin is the ultimate potato recipe! French classic with layers of thinly sliced potato, cream, butter, garlic and cheese, you can't go Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! You can have Potato and Ground beef Gratin using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato and Ground beef Gratin
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef or turkey.
- You need 6 of potatoes, boiled.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 3 of stems of fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 c of finely chopped onion.
- You need 3 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 3 cups of milk.
- You need 3 cups of shedded cheese.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of butter.
Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest sauce. You may be tempted to cut calories by using half & half or milk in place of the cream. I served the potatoes au gratin with beef tenderloin with red wine sauce.
Potato and Ground beef Gratin step by step
- Brown ground beef, or turkey. Drain off access grease when done. Add salt and pepper to meat..
- Take boiIed potatoes and mash them..
- In saucepan melt butter and add chopped onion stir for 2 minutes..
- Add in flour and Thyme stir until bubbly remove from heat..
- Add milk place back on heat and stir until bubbly..
- Add 2 cups of shedded cheese. Stir until melted and smooth. Turn heat off. Remove from heat..
- In a greased 13 x 9 dish layer half of the potatoes, top with meat, top with remaining potatoes. Pour cheese sauce on top. Bake for 30 min covered..
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 15min..
Brown ground beef using vegetable oil. Set aside and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Arrange browned beef on top of potato mixture. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. An easy casserole recipe with ground beef, cheese and potatoes like a meaty potatoes au gratin or cheesy scalloped potatoes with hamburger.