Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb). This zucchini pie you're seeing here does not include a crust. Before you kick me off the blog, I do have five main reasons. I am a mean food grinch.
It's still a little early around here for tomatoes, so this week's focus is majorly on zucchini and corn, two summer staples that if I'm being honest, I never know what to do with! Sautéed zucchini and corn are my go to summer snack, I just so happen to have cavatelli in the freezer so this is the perfect dish for tonight! It's nearly the end of the summer, and we are scarfing down all the sweet corn we can get our hands on before it disappears. You can cook Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb)
- Prepare 2 cup of zucchini sliced (about 3).
- Prepare 5 of fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 1 cup of red onion diced.
- You need 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh corn off the cob (2 ears).
- It’s 8 oz of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- It’s 3 of eggs whipped.
- You need dash of salt and peper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
First, Dana's caramelized corn with tomatoes and bacon, and now this quick sauté with another summer staple: zucchini. Sweet corn is one of those foods that only tastes good. The low carb salad is really yummy. I'm not sure why I waited so long!
Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb) instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. in a saute pan, add olive oil and heat to medium-high. add chopped onion sliced zucchini and mushrooms. Cover for 5 minutes then on corn. stir together and cover for 5 to 7 minutes stiring occasionally then remove lid and saute until 90% of liquid is gone..
- Remove from heat and add to a big bowl for mixing. Add salt and pepper and stir mixing well..
- Diced fresh basil leaves and add to zucchini mixture and stir well. add Monterey Jack cheese and three eggs beaten to the zucchini mixture making sure to coat everything evenly..
- Transfer mixture to a greased pie pan. make sure everything is laying evenly across cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. if you cut into it beforehand it will be extra watery it is still cooking when it comes out.
If you haven't used your summer squash and zucchini in a tossed salad The prep work for making this zucchini and squash salad is super quick and easy. After steaming, you just combine the cooked veggies with the tomatoes. This sweet corn zucchini pie recipe tastes amazing, is easy to make and is perfect for a spring brunch. My mom found this recipe from Taste of Home and made it Looking for an easy low-carb pasta recipe? This Zucchini Lasagna Roll-Ups Recipe from.