Zucchini and chickpea hummus. Add some more flavor and nutrition to your hummus with one special addition—zucchini! – Zucchini and Chickpea Hummus Recipe – RV at BellaOnline. I'll admit, when it comes to making hummus, the recipes I like to make could be considered pretty plain Jane. The most exotic ingredient I usually.
Super easy hummus from zucchini & tahini!! Ετοιμο σε μολισ πεντε λεπτα! Chickpeas have been pulverized into humble hummus for too long. They deserve a moment in the spotlight, and these genius recipes are making it happen. You can have Zucchini and chickpea hummus using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini and chickpea hummus
- Prepare 1 can of hick peas ( drained and rinsed, 1/4 cup of water reserved).
- You need 1 of large zucchini.
- It’s 1/3 cup of tahini.
- It’s 1 of lemon, juiced.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 large of garlic clove.
Chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans, ceci, and bengal gram) are loved around the globe. Canned or dried, they've got a prime spot in our pantry. The Best Hummus Without Chickpeas Recipes on Yummly Hummus Recipe – How to make Hummus with TahiniEdible Gardent.
Zucchini and chickpea hummus step by step
- Cut zucchini into chunks (skin on or off, your preference).
- Put all ingredients into blender or food processor, I used Ninja and blend until smooth. Add reserved water from can as needed..
- Try if it needs little more salt or lemon juice, if so add it and give few more pulses.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, best overnight. Serve with veggies and pita chips for dipping.
- I added finely chopped roasted peppers as that's my favorite addition to hummus. You can add olives, pine nuts, cilantro…. However you like your store bought hummus.
In original chickpea hummus, the chickpeas are cooked beforehand. I'm wondering if the zucchini could be steamed first. I haven't eaten raw zucchini Danielle, No the zucchini does not have to be cooked first. Though you are absolutely right about the chickpeas, they must always be precooked. Zucchini Hummus is on the menu today!