Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff. While this beef stroganoff recipe is the classic preparation usually associated with the dish, there are all kinds of fun new twists and streamlined time-savers to be found in Betty's best beef stroganoff recipes, including Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff and One-Pot Beef Stroganoff. This delicious beef stroganoff recipe is made with lean beef, beef stock, sour cream, onion, and spices. Complete the meal with a veggie or salad.
Looking for a great, classic weeknight dinner option that the whole family will love? Learn how to cook Classic Beef Stroganoff, with tender strips of beef and mushrooms, in an incredible creamy sauce. Beef stroganoff is the ultimate cold weather dinner. You can have Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need to taste of Salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic poweder.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 8-10 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 10.5 oz of can cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s Pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need of Cooked egg noodles (whole wheat are best).
Usually, dishes this hearty take hours of simmering or braising, but not ours. Many stroganoff recipes call for tougher cuts of meats to be braised and simmered. But we're opting for a quicker cooking time here and use sirloin instead. You might notice I didn't add mushrooms which you would typically see in Stroganoff.
Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Cook ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a skillet until no longer pink, drain set aside.
- In same skillet melt butter and saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic until mushrooms are browned and onions are translucent. Add garlic last so it won't burn..
- Sprinkle on flour a stir to cook flour for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze skillet with beef broth, add mushrooms soup, stir until combined..
- Add cooked beef back to skillet, stir in nutmeg, bring to a light boil and then simmer for 15 minutes while noodles cook..
- Check for last minute seasoning needs and stir in sour cream just before serving..
- Serve over whole wheat egg noodles.
And yes – this ground beef stroganoff is the perfect one pot meal. I love that there are less dishes to do, and I love how much flavor gets infused with the pasta when you cook it in broth and onion and even the ground beef drippings. The final dish is super flavorful and comforting – just like beef. An easy beef stroganoff recipe with tender strips of beef and mushrooms cooked in sour cream and For a quick version you can use ground beef instead of beef strips. It's not particularly fussy, the bulk of the According to the Wikipedia, Beef Stroganoff first appeared in Russian cookbooks in the mid.