Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce.
You can cook Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of large clove minced garlic, or 2 tsp jarred minced garlic.
- Prepare of cream cheese – softened and cubed.
- You need of low fat milk.
- You need of grated parmesan cheese (I used a parmesan romano blend).
- You need of dried parsley flakes (or 1 tbs fresh chopped).
- It’s of ground nutmeg or cayenne pepper.
- You need of salt and black pepper.
Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce instructions
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium low heat. Add olive oil and butter. When butter is melted and garlic. Cook until garlic is just fragrant, stirring constantly so not to burn. Only about 1 minute. Add flour to make a roux, increase heat to medium and cook an additional 2 minutes, whisking constantly..
- Whisk in milk and bring to a slow simmer, whisking frequently to keep it from clumping or curdling. Reduce heat to medium low. Add cream cheese, whisk into milk until it is fully melted and incorporated into a nice smooth sauce (no cream cheese lumps remaining)..
- Whisk in grated parmesan until fully melted and texture of sauce looks smooth once more. Stir in dried parsley, nutmeg and salt & pepper to taste. Simmer gently an additional 5 minutes on medium low for flavors to blend, stirring frequently..
- Turn off heat. Add to favorite pasta, veggie and/or meat, toss to coat and enjoy! NOTE: If using fresh parsley, stir in at the very end after heat is turned off..
- Serving suggestion: boil bowtie (farfalle) pasta for 2 min less than listed on package. Drain, add to sauce, reduce heat to low, cover and let sit 5 minutes for pasta to absorb some of the sauce and finish cooking. It went great with my cornflakes chicken recipe! Yum! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354370-cornflake-parmesan-chicken-tenders.