Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini. Zucchini takes the place of potatoes in this cheesy carb-slashed recipe. Watch now, and then get the recipe at. Your zucchini dreams have come true with these Loaded Hasselback Zucchini!
These guys are loaded, which means they are perfect for just about anything. Here, zucchini gets the Hasselback treatment: the vegetable is sliced about three-quarters of the way through, accordion-like, before cooking. As the zucchini softens in the oven, the slices splay open a bit, practically begging for a sprinkle of garlic, salt, pepper and a sliver or two of Parmesan cheese to. You can have Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini
- Prepare 2 of medium-large zucchini (about 8 oz. each).
- Prepare Dash of each salt and black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of chopped scallions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of precooked real crumbled bacon.
Just like the classic prep for a baked potato (but without all the starch), these roasted zucchini make a delicious side for steak or chicken. So.hasselback zucchini (also known as accordion zucchini): why hasn't anyone told me about this delicious dish before? More precisely, why haven't YOU told me about it? I'm aware that withholding information is not lying, but the purpose and the effect are the same, and it's not cool, at all.
Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet, and spray with nonstick spray. Slice off and discard stem ends of zucchini. Cut slits through the width, about 1/2-inch apart, stopping about 1/4 inch from the bottom. Place zucchini on the center of the foil, and cover with another large piece of foil. Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet..
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove sheet, and let cool for 5 minutes. Set oven to broil. Cut packet to release steam before removing the top piece of foil. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and pepper. Carefully sprinkle cheese into the slits of the zucchini. Broil until cheese has melted and lightly browned, about 1 minute. Top with remaining ingredients. MAKES 2 SERVINGS.
- Notes-When slicing each zucchini, place it between two chopsticks on the cutting board. This will prevent you from slicing through to the bottom..
Make the compound butter: In a medium bowl, add all the compound butter ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. This hasselback zucchini recipe has bacon, parmesan and way too good to pass up as an easy zucchini side dish. Low Carb & Keto Zucchini Recipe. It's really about time we shared this recipe. Good recipes like this shouldn't be locked up in a dropbox, which we're totally guilty of.