Momma's Parmesan peppercorn pizza sauce (can be used as Alfredo with less pepper). Let it cool for few mins and use it for making pizza or can. I have all the ingredients for pizza except for pizza sauce, can I use prego I have used it a number of times. It tastes good , though a little different than the pizza sauce but not much.
Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. This will be the only alfredo I make from now on! You can cook Momma's Parmesan peppercorn pizza sauce (can be used as Alfredo with less pepper) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Momma's Parmesan peppercorn pizza sauce (can be used as Alfredo with less pepper)
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of flour.
- It’s of WHOLE milk or cream.
- You need of fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of chopped garlic.
- Prepare of cracked blacked pepper.
The best advice I can give is to have some patience and the whisk IS A MUST!! Use a mortar and pestle to crack the peppercorns. If you don't have one you can place the peppercorns in a plastic bag then pound with the side of a meat mallet or bottom of a frying pan. Transfer steak to a serving platter.
Momma's Parmesan peppercorn pizza sauce (can be used as Alfredo with less pepper) instructions
- Heat sauce pan to medium.
- In bowl mix Parmesan and flour thouroughly.
- Add milk to Parmesan and flour, mix until smooth.
- Add butter and garlic to sauce pan, stir around until butter is melted.
- Give your cheese, flour, and milk mixture one last stir and pour into butter and garlic.
- Stir continuously until cheese is melted and sauce has thickened.
- Add black pepper and gently stir until combined (the longer the pepper cooks in the sauce the more off white it will be).
Spoon peppercorn sauce over the top. A favorite for bread dippers everywhere. The easiest use is obviously to coat the seasoning with olive oil and consume with fresh baked bread. Sprinkle on salads, add to cream cheese, to sour cream, to mayo and use as a spread. Put it on garlic bread, add it to alfredo sauce, add to any soup you can.