Chicken Penne Alfredo with veggies and homemade sauce.
You can cook Chicken Penne Alfredo with veggies and homemade sauce using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Penne Alfredo with veggies and homemade sauce
- You need of Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless.
- Prepare of Penne Pasta-14.5 oz.
- Prepare of Red Pepper- sliced.
- It’s of White Onion-finely sliced.
- It’s of Frozen Peas.
- You need of Heavy Cream.
- You need of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare of Asiago Parmesan Cheese Grated.
- Prepare of Coarse Black Pepper-divided.
- Prepare of Cajon Seasoning.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Minced Garlic.
- You need of Italian Seasoning.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- You need of Sugar.
Chicken Penne Alfredo with veggies and homemade sauce step by step
- Boil water in large pasta pot. (While waiting for boil, finely slice white onion and red pepper, set to side).
- Add pasta to boiling water and boil 11 to 13 minutes. (While boiling pasta, get chicken breats ready to cook).
- Cut breasts in half, season with pepper, Italian seasoning, and a dash of salt and cajun seasoning. (Heat oil over med-high heat then add chicken and sautee in large pan until done about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove chicken from sautee pan and set aside. In same pan Sautee red peppers, white onions, garlic. Add 1/4 tsp. sugar to veggies and a pinch of salt. Cook until translucent and soft. Add to chicken. (Clean pan).
- When pasta is done, drain and set aside. Boil small sauce pan of water and cook frozen peas per directions on bag. Once done, drain and add peas to pasta..
- Add heavy cream and cajun seasoning to Sautee pan, heating over med-high heat bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and some coarse black pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until thickens..
- Remove from heat and stir in grated cheeses. Go slowly but not toooo slow. If the cream cools to much the cheese won't melt. If this happens then turn heat on low and continue to mix in until mostly blended. It may be a little lumpy, it's okay..
- Cut up cooked chicken, add it and veggies to pasta/peas. Then add sauce and toss in bowl. All done!.
- Don't forget to let me know what you think of the recipe!.