Perfect Alfredo Sauce.
You can have Perfect Alfredo Sauce using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Perfect Alfredo Sauce
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 clove of of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of imported parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of romano cheese.
- You need 6 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper (to taste).
Perfect Alfredo Sauce instructions
- Heat milk and cream in a large sauce pan. Once you get a simmer, throw your garlic in and remove from heat..
- Now grate your cheese and slowly, whisk in your cheese.
- Separate your yolks from your whites. You'll use your egg yolks (save your whites to the side for a quick dessert like a sweet meringue).
- Slowly whip some of your cream mixture into your egg yolks. This will bring the yolks up to temperature and prevent curdling. This is known as tempering..
- Once tempered, SLOWLY stir in your egg mixture back to your cream mixture and place on very low heat. Stir continuously until you get a simmer. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat so it'll thicken..
- This alfredo sauce is delicious tossed over some tortellini or fettuccine, or as a dipping sauce for bread sticks. Enjoy !.