Alfredo sauce. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. This is an "authentic" Alfredo sauce recipe! Real Alfredo sauce *only* contains butter, cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
It's still warm and cozy, but it's totally light. Alfredo sauce is a white sauce which is often used to accompany pasta dishes. Traditionally, it was made with butter and Parmesan cheese, but more modernly, and especially in the United States, this. You can cook Alfredo sauce using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Alfredo sauce
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of flour.
- You need of half and half.
- It’s of water.
- You need of nutmeg.
- Prepare of fresh shredded asiago cheese.
- You need of garlic powder.
- You need of parsley.
The Foolproof Way to Make Alfredo Sauce at Home. You'll start by lightly toasting garlic in a bit of butter, cooking just until fragrant. You'll then add the cream before the garlic browns, since burnt garlic. This rich, creamy Alfredo Sauce deliciously rivals any restaurant recipe!
Alfredo sauce step by step
- In large sauce pan melt butter over low heat.
- Add flour and wisk together to make a rouge.
- Immediately add half and half and water.
- Stir constantly until thick adding in nutmeg, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Add cheese stir constantly until melted and creamy.
- Serve over pasta or chicken.
It's made with basic ingredients like cream, butter and Parmesan and ready in minutes! Learn how to make alfredo pasta sauce with Chef Mark from LearnToCook.com. If you love the Olive Garden Alfredo sauce, you're going to need to learn my secrets for how to make homemade alfredo sauce. It's even better than the restaurant and unbelievably easy! This vegan alfredo sauce is incredibly rich and creamy.