Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells.
You can cook Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- You need of jumbo shells.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of chicken, cooked and shredded.
- It’s of broccoli florets, cut small.
- Prepare of ricotta cheese.
- You need of large eggs.
- Prepare of oregano.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of dried basil.
- You need of onion powder.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- It’s of parmesan cheese, shredded.
- You need of Alfredo sauce, divided.
- You need of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- It’s of parsley for garnish.
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells instructions
- Start a large pot of water and 1 tbsp. of olive oil heating on high heat. Once it reaches a boil, add in the shells. Cook for 1 minute less than the time called for on the box, they will be easier to stuff this way. Once they are done, drain in a colander and immediately rinse them with cold water. This will stop the cooking process, so that they don't get any softer. Set them aside..
- While boiling the shells, start a medium pot of water heating on high heat to start to cook the broccoli (you could also steam them). Once water reaches a boil, add in the broccoli and cook until tender (4-6 minutes). Drain broccoli and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl, place your ricotta cheese and crack both eggs. Whisk together until just blended. Next, whisk in the seasonings, to taste and the parmesan cheese..
- Stir in the chicken and broccoli to the ricotta mixture and stir to combine..
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9×13 deep baking pan or casserole dish with non-stick spray or line with foil. Place about 1/2 of the alfredo sauce you are using onto the bottom of the baking dish and spread around. Set aside..
- Working 1 at a time, stuff each shell with 1-2 tbsp. of the ricotta and chicken mixture. Set each one in the baking pan side-by-side once stuffed, with the opening facing up. Do this until all are stuffed. Top the shells with the remaining alfredo sauce and then sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese..
- Cover the baking pan with foil and bake 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..