Canned Ground Beef Taco Meat.
You can cook Canned Ground Beef Taco Meat using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Canned Ground Beef Taco Meat
- It’s 3 of # ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 of small bell pepper.
- You need 1 of jalapeño (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 5 Tbs of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
Canned Ground Beef Taco Meat step by step
- Remove seeds from both peppers and peel the onion…..
- Mince all veggies in food processor.
- Brown 3# of ground beef and add onion and peppers…. Salt, pepper, garlic….. Brown completely… And drain excess fat…
- Turn off and allow ground beef mix to sit and cool…..
- Add chili powder and cayenne and adjust salt to taste….
- This can be frozen in ziplock bags.
- This can be canned in a Pressure Canner only… A pint jar holds one pound. I use the pint jars for casseroles, chili, or tamales. (I can this in 12 oz jars also for taco salad). Fill each sterilized jar with a tight pack.. Leave 1/2" headspace. Wipe lip of jar with vinegar. Place lid and ring on and process in a pressure cooker for 60 minutes (pint jars or less).