Coconut Jam a.k.a Srikaya. Remember, our mission is to make a srikaya and not sweet scrambled eggs. The recipe is for both palm sugar kaya jam or pandan flavored kaya jam. “Kaya” or “Srikaya” is a sweet and rich coconut jam popular in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines. Srikaya, or coconut jam, is a popular sweet condiment in Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia.
Coconut jam (Filipino: matamís sa báo, matamís na báo; Indonesian: seri kaya, srikaya; Malaysian: kaya, Vietnamese: ca dé) is a jam made from a base of coconut milk, eggs and sugar. It is popular in Southeast Asia, mainly in Brunei, Indonesia (especially in Palembang), Malaysia, the Philippines. Whenever I think about kaya (coconut jam), it always conjured up flashes of childhood memories sitting in the old-school cafe eating Hainanese toast bread overflowing with kaya top with a piece of chilled butter. You can have Coconut Jam a.k.a Srikaya using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Jam a.k.a Srikaya
- It’s 5 btr of telur.
- Prepare 250 ml of santan kental.
- Prepare 250 gr of gula pasir.
- You need 3 lbr of daun pandan.
It is called coconut jam (or kaya jam) in English and is also known as srikaya in Indonesia. 'Kaya' is a sweet coconut jam which is very popular in Southeast Asia especially Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines and even Indonesia. Also known as 'Srikaya', it is often eaten with toast or added to baked products such as bread and pastries. “Kaya” or “Srikaya” is a sweet and rich coconut jam popular in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines. Kaya (also known as srikaya or seri kaya in Malaysia and Indonesia) is a sweet coconut egg jam popular across Southeast Asia, especially in Malaysia and Singapore. Kaya, Serikaya or Srikaya is a food spread, a fruit curd made from a base of coconut milk, eggs and sugar.
Coconut Jam a.k.a Srikaya step by step
- Kocok telur asal merata saja, tambahkan gula dan santan.
- Masak semua bahan di panci, tambahkan daun pandan. Aduk terus sampai mendidih (pakai api kecil).
- Setelah mendidih, saring adonan srikaya sampai halus dan tidak mengumpal.
- Masak kembali srikaya dengan teknik steam atau hot water bath (tempatkan baskom air panas). Tahap ini sangat penting, aduk secara perlahan dan pastikan bagian bawah tidak gosong. Pakai api kecil saja..
- Setelah mengental, matikan api dan biarkan dingin sebelum disimpan di wadah. Lebih bagus di dalam toples kaca dan inapkan di kulkas semalam..
- Sajikan bersama roti, mantou dan olahan lainnya. Enjoy it. ^_^.
It is wildly popular in Southeast Asia, mainly in Palembang city in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. The following is from Wikipedia: Kaya, also called Srikaya (from the word meaning rich in Malay based on its golden color) or coconut egg jam, is a coconut jam made from coconut milk, duck or chicken eggs which are flavored by pandan leaf and sweetened with sugar. Coconut Jam Kayalista make with distinctive full taste. Kaya or Coconut Jam is a popular and delicious breakfast toast spread in Malaysia and Singapore. A perfect Kaya has to be smooth from hours of stirring. Видео Kaya~Coconut Jam канала Flavours Of Asia.