Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats. Traditional Rice Krispies Treats are taken to a whole new level thanks to a few clever tricks. You'll begin by browning two sticks of salted butter until nutty and dark. Then you'll add two bags of mini marshmallows, vanilla extract, and a splash of bourbon for good measure.
This IS the way I will make Rice. Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats are a classic, childhood favorite all grown up! By cooking the butter for a couple of extra minutes, it develops a. You can have Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats
- You need 6 tbs of butter.
- It’s 2 tbs of bourdon.
- You need 10 oz of miniature mash mallows.
- It’s 6 cups of crispy rice cereal.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s Pinch of salt to dust top.
Last year's Peanut Butter Crispy Bars were delicious, but had structural issues that irked me. And two years ago, I fell prey to a Caramelized Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treat that was all Have you really gone and made rice krispy treats better than they already were by adding salt and browned butter? Rice krispie treats are a classic dessert beloved by kids and adults alike. Enhance this popular dessert by using easy-to-make brown butter.
Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats step by step
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat,until golden brown and has a nutty aroma,about 5 minutes.add marshmallows to browned butter,reduce heat to medium-low,and cook, stirring occasionally until marshmallows are melted, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir bourbon and 1 teaspoon sea salt into marshmallow mixture and remove sauce pan from heat add rice cereal to marshmallow mixture and mix until cereal is evenly coated with marshmallow mixture transfer to a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over rice cereal mixture and press into dish remove parchment paper and sprinkle flakes of sea salt over the top cool treats to room temperature at least 30 minutes.
Line rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or wax paper, or butter it well. In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. It will melt, then foam, then turn clear golden and finally start to turn brown and smell nutty. These brown butter vanilla bean crispy rice treats are a tasty take on classic Rice Krispies treats. The universe was telling me to make rice crispy treats (because the universe has nothing better to do).