Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata. This traditional Greek eggplant dip (melitzanosalata) is best served with some crusty bread or homemade pitas and also as part of a meze platter with some spicy feta cheese dip. Let the melitzanosalata (Greek eggplant dip) cool down and put in the fridge to allow the flavours to mingle. Melitzanosalata, or Greek Eggplant Dip, is a simple yet tasty dish of roasted eggplant, garlic, oil, and lemon juice.
Melitzanosalata—written μελιτζανοσαλάτα in Greek and pronounced meh-leed-zah-no-sah-LAH-tah—is a delicious, traditional Greek eggplant dip. And it's versatile—you can serve it with crusty bread as an appetizer or as a side dish with meat. Some melitzanosalata recipes can get pretty. You can have Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata
- It’s 3 of medium size aubergines.
- It’s 1 of medium bell pepper.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 30 ml of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium size lemon.
- You need of Salt and pepper as you wish.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of chopped parsley.
- It’s 2 tsp of vinegar.
Melitzanosalata is a Greek Eggplant Dip that's made from roasted or charred eggplants, garlic, onions, olive oil, lemon juice, and parsley. It has a chunky consistency and is usually served as a mezze (appetizer) with either a pita or crusty bread. If you're looking for full emersion, you can top it with. Melitzanosalata is a Greek eggplant dip that's made with eggplant, garlic and lemon juice.
Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata step by step
- The night before: You bake in 200 degrees at the oven the aubergines and pepper wrapped each one in an aluminum foil. You bake them till they are very very soft (try to check with a fork after 30 min). When they will be ready unwrap them, take their skin out (aubergines and pepper) while they are warm and let them cool all night in a strainer.
- Next day: Mush with a fork the aubergines, pepper and add all the other ingredients till they will become a creamy sauce..
- If you want you can add 100 gr of feta but this is not the original recipe. Enjoy!.
Melitzanosalata which roughly translates to “eggplant salad” is a classic Greek dish that's made with charred eggplants. It's perfect as a dip or spread on a Greek mezze platter. Melitzanosalata is a tasty Greek appetizer traditionally served aside meats, pita bread, and other sauces: also a perfect in a sandwich or a Pita Gyro. Melitzanosalata, along with Tzatziki, Pita bread, roasted octopus, Souvlaki, Greek salad, and other delicious small plates, is one of the most traditional. Greek Eggplant Dip melitzanosalta is a light and tasty appetizer, that is perfect served with vegetables, sesame crackers or pita chips.