Roasted Pork Shoulder/Chasyao Pork/叉焼 By Coozy Life. [Jenn's Ordinary Kitchen – Jenn's 平凡廚房] Join me for a simple cooking life! I don't have high-end ingredients, no fancy tools, just regular day to day home. Why not make this mouth watering Oven roasted Pork Shoulder, chinese style, with five spice seasoning?
Ingredients pork meat olive oil salt pepper paprika dried herbs garlic. In a bowl mix the oil, garlic and all the spices to make a paste. Boneless pork shoulder is available, but cooking pork shoulder with the bone-in maximizes flavor and texture. You can cook Roasted Pork Shoulder/Chasyao Pork/叉焼 By Coozy Life using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Pork Shoulder/Chasyao Pork/叉焼 By Coozy Life
- You need 900 g of Pork shoulder.
- It’s of (Marinate sauce).
- You need 150 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 75 ml of Soy sauce.
- It’s 10 g of Grated garlic.
- You need 10 g of Grated ginger.
- Prepare 15 g of Salt.
- You need 25 g of Sweet soybean paste.
- You need 15 g of Grated white sesame.
- You need 0.5 Teaspoon of Cooking sake.
- It’s of (Sweet sauce).
- You need 50 cc of Water.
- It’s 50 g of Sugar.
- It’s 25 g of Honey.
The arm shoulder (aka picnic ham, arm pork roast, or pork shoulder roast) comes from lower on the foreleg: the part where the shoulder meets the pig's “arm,” and is therefore uneven and. Char siu, or Chinese BBQ Pork, is a delicious Cantonese roast meat. Make authentic Chinatown char siu at home with our restaurant-quality recipe! Char siu (or slightly different spelling, cha siu) is its Cantonese name, but in Mandarin, it is known as cha shao.
Roasted Pork Shoulder/Chasyao Pork/叉焼 By Coozy Life step by step
- (Marinate sauce) First of all put sugar and soy sauce in a bowl, dissolve sugar. Put all marinate sauce's ingredients on it and mix well..
- Cut shoulder of pork into long pieces, pound meat with back of a knife (not the blade side) into 2cm thickness, sauce gets into properly..
- Mix and rub pork with sauce well in a zipper bag, leave it in a fridge at least 4 hours..
- (Sweet sauce) Put Sugar, water and honey in a sauce pan, stir well so sugar does not burn. After reaching a boiling point, lower heat and cook 30 minutes. Make sure to skim the foam so sauce does not get cloudy. When it turns golden brown, it's done..
- Place wire rack on an oven-proof pad, place pork on top. Turn an oven to 230℃, then lower to 200℃ and put pork in an oven for 15 minutes till surface gets seared..
- After 15 minutes, take out the meat, glaze meat with a marinate sauce all over, place it upside down and cook 10 minutes..
- After 10minutes, glaze meat with a sweet sauce and cook 5 more minutes. When the meat is cooked, take it out of the oven and glaze it with a sweet sauce till it's not dripping with a sauce..
- Slice/cut meat the way you like, place them on top of rice, use them for burgers, ramen noodles, fried rice, variety of dishes..
- This recipe's cooking video can watch here. Https://youtu.be/ZndYUJpmMY4.
To make char siu, pork is marinated in a. Master crispy crackling with this simple roast pork shoulder recipe and you'll have the perfect roast dinner. Drizzle the pork skin with a little olive oil and then massage one tablespoon of salt into the skin forcing it into the score marks. Put the onions and carrots into a large roasting tin, drizzle with. This is my favorite way to cook a pork shoulder roast.