Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad. Give Top Round Steak slices a quick dip in a flavorful marinade before stir frying. Thai Beef & Cucumber SaladTop Round Steak Round Primal. Want to know how to make a delicious stir-fry or perfectly brown Ground Beef?
When rice is golden, pour on plate to cool. In same skillet over high heat, add beef mixture. This light and fresh Thai cucumber salad is one of my warm weather staples. You can cook Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad
- You need of Ground beef (in patty form or not).
- It’s 1/2 cup of panko or tempura breading mix.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tom yum chilli paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 of shallots, minced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, smashed.
- You need 2 tbsp of cilantro paste (Peruvian).
- It’s 2 tbsp of basil paste (Peruvian).
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for frying.
- It’s of Cucumber salad.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, smashed.
- You need 2 of small chilli peppers.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Juice from 1 lemon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of large cucumber, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1/2 of big red onion, minced.
- You need to taste of Sesame oil,.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh mint, basil, cilantro,.
The dressing is tangy, salty, and sweet — and the juice from the cucumbers seeps into the dressing, giving it a delicious cucumber flavor. This salad is satisfying all on its own for lunch, thanks to a generous handful of. This is one of our family-favorite salads! If you are vegan or vegetarian, you can leave off the steak and it is still DELICIOUS!
Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad instructions
- Mix panko, Tom yum paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, cilantro paste, basil paste, shallots and garlic in a large bowl. Mix and let stand for 5 minutes..
- Add 1 pound of ground beef to bowl. Mix well. Form into patties for frying. (You can also choose to let the ground beef crumble instead of forming distinct patties). Recipe is enough for around 20 small patties. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- For the dressing, pound garlic, chilies and half the sugar with a mortar and pestle. Add the liquid ingredients and stir. Add dressing to sliced cucumbers and onion. Add sesame oil to taste and set aside..
- Work with a heavy pan over medium heat. Cook patties in oil until golden brown..
- Serve patties with cucumber salad. Spoon extra dressing over patties. Garnish with fresh cilantro, mint and basil..
Fry shallot in a pan with sesame oil while stirring until browned and then remove. Rinse cucumber and cut into small pieces. Cut meat in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise with the grain into thin strips. Mix strips of beef in a bowl with cucumber pieces, shallot cubes, scallions and chile pepper. This all-in-one salad meal of spicy ground beef with cucumber is very popular with my readers.