Grape nut bread. Jack had never heard of Grape-Nuts bread – but was immediately inspired to try baking it the next It's hearty, slightly (and perfectly) sweet, and the Grape-Nuts give this dense white bread some. The cereal originally prepared by C. Post when developing the product was a batter that came from the oven as a rigid.
View top rated Grape nuts bread recipes with ratings and reviews. Grandmother's Grape Nut Bread, Chocolate Chip Grape Nut Bread, Grape Nut Bread, etc. When bread is cool, wrap in waxed paper, transparent wrap, or aluminum foil. You can cook Grape nut bread using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grape nut bread
- You need 2 cups of milk scald.
- You need 1 cup of grape nuts.
- Prepare 3 cups of sifted flour.
- You need 4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- You need 3 tablespoons of butter melted.
- It’s 1 cup of raisins.
For best slicing and mellowing of flavors, store overnight before serving. Load in bread machine according to your manufacturers directions. Combine buttermilk and Grape-Nuts in a bowl. Beat sugar and eggs together in a large bowl.
Grape nut bread instructions
- Pour hot milk over grape nuts.
- Sift flour then add salt sugar baking powder and sift again.
- Add beaten egg and melted butter to grape nut mixture.
- Add in flour mixture.
- Mix well.
- Put in greased loaf pan let sit 20 min.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour 20 min..
Add the soaked Grape-Nuts mixture and mix to combine. A crunchy-textured bread with a barley flavor. Uses the nugget type Grape Nuts, not the flakes. The added gluten is optional, but makes a lighter loaf. Grape-Nuts are an American bran cereal you can find at most supermarkets.