Ground Beef Pot Pie. Check out the ground beef pot pie recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! You'll love how easy this recipe is to make. This delish dish starts with refrigerated pie crust for quick prep and a savory, satisfying meal.
Recipe Hey everyone, I hope you enjoyed watching my video. Please don't forget to like and subscribe to my channel and thank you. View top rated Ground beef pot pie soup recipes with ratings and reviews. You can have Ground Beef Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Pot Pie
- It’s 1 of psychobetty's pie crust recipe.
- You need 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 small of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 packages of frozen mixed vegetables.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk, cream or ½ & ½.
- You need 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten with a splash of water.
- You need 1 pinch of coarse sea salt for dusting of top layer of pie crust.
Kind of like beef stew crossed with a pot-pie. Easy to make and it was sooooo good! Kind of like beef stew crossed with a pot-pie. Mini pot pies filled with beef and Guinness™ stew is a hearty meal just waiting to be devoured.
Ground Beef Pot Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Over medium high heat cook ground beef until browned. Add onions and sweat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes..
- Add flour to the ground beef mixture. Stir for one minute and then slowly whisk the beef broth in, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan..
- Once mixture thickens add salt and pepper to taste. Add milk and bring back up to a simmer. Stir in mixed vegetables and remove from heat. Cool slightly..
- Prepare your pie pan with half of the dough rolled out for the bottom and the remaining rolled out for top layer..
- Pour ground beef mixture into the pie pan over the bottom crust. Fit the top crust over the ground beef mixture. Brush egg wash over the top generously. Sprinkle coarse sea salt over the egg wash..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Serve with a nice leafy salad ir green vegetable..
Working in batches, generously brown the ground beef on all sides. Be careful not to overcrowd the pot or the beef will steam instead of brown. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir. Return the browned meat to the pot and reduce the heat to low. This recipe calls for boiled potatoes.