Ground beef and mashed potato bake. Our ground beef and mashed potato casserole is a version of the classic Shepherd's Pie. This Cheesy Ground Beef and Potato Casserole recipe is easy, comforting and easy on the budget. Using hamburger / ground beef, lots of potatoes, vegetables.
Get the same great flavor with refrigerated mashed potatoes. Then spread over a hearty ground beef filling. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top. You can cook Ground beef and mashed potato bake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ground beef and mashed potato bake
- Prepare 600 grams of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1 packages of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 5 of potatoes.
- You need 1 of milk (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of grated cheese (to taste).
- Prepare 1 dash of oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt (to taste).
Spread mashed potatoes over top of casserole. Sprinkle with additional cheese and breadcrumbs followed by paprika if desired, otherwise just with paprika. Use a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheese for the topping. Now place combination into a well greased pan.
Ground beef and mashed potato bake instructions
- Peel and cut the potatoes. Boil enough water to cover them and cook them for 40 minutes or until soft..
- On a pan, heat oil at medium heat. Add beef..
- Chop the onion and add it to the beef when it has a pink tone. Mix well..
- When the onion looks transparent, add the tomato sauce. Dice the tomato and add it to the mixture. Mix well..
- Mash the potatoes. Add milk and butter and mix. Add salt to taste..
- Preheat broiler (or oven to broil)..
- Put half the mashed potatoes on a pan. Then add the beef mix on top and another layer of mashed potatoes on top. Cover with cheese..
- Put the tray in the oven for ten minutes..
Easy recipes for ground beef casserole. See how to make this hearty dinner winner with rice, noodles, potatoes, or Mexican-style. A spicy combination of ground beef, onion, and green chili pepper, layered between ready-bake biscuits, and baked golden brown. Serve ground beef mixture spooned over the mashed potatoes. This mashed potato topped pie is full of savory Ground Beef, peas and onions in a beefy gravy.