Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian). A vegetarian stuffed zucchini recipe with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and a crispy Parmesan cheese and panko topping. Adapted from Cooking Light's Stuffed Zucchini with Cheesy Breadcrumbs. This post may contain affiliate links.
In fact, you have probably noticed I use it a lot in my dishes. So, I decided to make this super simple Vegan Stuffed Zucchini for dinner with a nice garlic kick. They are very easy to make and really delicious. You can cook Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian)
- It’s 2 of zucchini.
- It’s 2 of mozzarella slices.
- You need 1/4 of texturized soy (dry).
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms.
- You need 2 of green onion.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of seeds (I used a mixture of sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseeds and chia seeds).
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare of Spices: Garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, cayenne and cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (homemade or already done).
Zucchini has never been tastier than when stuffed with Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, chopped tomatoes and mushrooms with basil. Zucchini has a high water content, making it low in calories. So, once you stuff it with some flavorful I made extras, my vegetarian friend was coming over for her birthday diner. So glad I did, we can.
Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian) step by step
- First cut the zucchini in 2 parts and quit the seeds part. Put in the oven the zucchini for 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Cut the inside of the zucchini in small dices, also the mushrooms and the green onions.
- The texturized soy put it in the microwave for 5 minutes with the same volume of water than texturized soy.
- Put in a frying pot the olive oil, and put the zucchini dices, the texturized soy, the green onions and the mushrooms (in this order, wait a little bit between all of them). Put all the seasoning once the mushrooms are almost done, and the tomate sauce. Once everything is mixed, let it cooling down..
- Take the zucchinis and put the mixture inside. If you want you can add some egg to get more consistency.
- Put the mozzarella and the seeds and again to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy!!! You will be surprised of how the texturized soy tastes to ground turkey or so. This dish is great nutritionally talking, super tasty and delicious! Tell me if you try :).
- Nutrient information + texturized soy.
Now, most recipes for vegetarian and vegan stuffed zucchini call for baking them in the oven. This is an easy, tasty way to use up zucchini. I have listed the ingredients "per person" so the amount can be adjusted, depending on how. Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini is loaded with Mexican flavors with Brown Rice, Black Beans, Chiles, Cheddar, and Cotija Cheese! Replace the rice with cooked cauliflower rice if you want a lower-carb.