Texas Holiday Trash Mix (Chex Mix). Texas Trash is the perfect party mix for snacking on while watching football playoffs. This spicy mix of cereals, small crackers, and pecans couldn't be It's basically a traditional chex mix from chex.com with a few tweaks. It was requested that, along with my hubby and I, we bring a batch of this chex.
A BIG, BOLD FLAVOR just like the State of Texas! This can be doubled, tripled or Roasted Sweet Potato Slices are the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday meals, or for everyday dinners during the fall and winter. HOLIDAY ?PRETZELS ? Yes my hair is stuck to my face because sweat. You can have Texas Holiday Trash Mix (Chex Mix) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Texas Holiday Trash Mix (Chex Mix)
- It’s 1 of preheated oven 225 degree.
- It’s 1 of roasting pan.
- It’s 2 cup of Corn Chex Cereal.
- Prepare 2 cup of Rice Chex Cereal.
- Prepare 1 cup of Goldfish Crackers.
- You need 1 cup of Pretzel Sticks.
- It’s 1 cup of Pecan Halves.
- It’s 1 cup of Cashew Halves.
- You need 1 cup of garlic roasted rye chips.
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter (1 stick).
- It’s 2 of Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoon red pepper hot sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Seasoning Sat.
Wikipedia: Chex Mix Chex Mix (stylized as Chex mix) is a type of snack mix that includes Chex breakfast cereal (sold by General Mills) as a major component. It's just the crazy name Texans bestowed on the food known to mere mortals as Chex cereal mix. Ever since I can remember my mother made Texas Trash/Party Mix. I know she found the original recipe on the box of Chex Cereal as I have used it also.
Texas Holiday Trash Mix (Chex Mix) step by step
- Add first seven ingredients in a roasting pan, and set aside..
- Over low heat melt butter, add Worcestershire sauce, red hot sauce and remaining four spices until just incorporated..
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir to combine well. Bake mixture at 225°F for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Don't forget to stir..
- Have fun with this. Add any dry ingredient you like. Just keep an eye on it while its baking. You can make this as sweet tasting or spicy as you want. Enjoy.
It was a snack we all enjoyed year round but especially during the holidays. She always made it as directed and I would pick out the chex cereals. Chex Party Mix and Other Holiday Snacks. Easy party snack ideas, from our home to yours. Below, I've gathered all the Chex Mix recipes I could find.