Keto Friendly Eggplants with spicy chickpeas. Wondering if chickpeas are keto friendly? In this post we cover so many facts about grabanzo beans such as calories, carbs, sugar, fiber, weight loss and Chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) are not the best food option to eat while following the ketogenic diet, as they could interfere with ketosis if. Learn, how to make keto spicy.
Frying eggplants is a challenge because they tend to absorb ridiculous amounts of oil. One trick my mother in law used was to salt the eggplant rounds prior to frying them. Eggplant meets chickpeas in this vegan, chickpea version of Baingan Bharta. You can cook Keto Friendly Eggplants with spicy chickpeas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Keto Friendly Eggplants with spicy chickpeas
- Prepare of onion chopped.
- Prepare of garlic cloves chopped.
- It’s of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped.
- You need of ghee/coconut butter.
- You need of ground cumin.
- You need of ground coriander.
- You need of ground turmeric.
- It’s of garam masala.
- You need of mild curry powder.
- Prepare of cups/150 g. Mushrooms/ chopped.
- It’s of large tomato(chopped).
- It’s of cup/250 g. canned chickpeas, drained.
- It’s of aubergines/ narrow eggplant, splint in half.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
I used freshly-made garam masala, which is more flavorful than most store-bought blends; depending on your spice blend, you may need to add more to get the right flavor. There are some fantastic options on the Keto diet including vegetarian ones like our Keto Eggplant Parmesan. On today's episode I'm going to show you how to make a keto version of Melanzane alla Parmigiana which is basically Eggplant Parmesan. This easy and simple eggplant-based dish is exploding with flavor and color with the vibrant, fiery hue of Get thousands of vegan, allergy-friendly recipes in the palm of your hands today!
Keto Friendly Eggplants with spicy chickpeas instructions
- Purée the onion garlic, ginger and chili with little drops of water in a food processor or blender.heat two tbs in a saucepan set over a moderate heat until hot..
- Add the onion purée and fry until dried out and starting to color, about 6-8 min.sprinkle over the spices and cook over reduced heat 2 more min..
- Stir in the mushrooms and tomato and fry for 3-4 mins more. Until softened.
- Stir in the chick peas and enough warm water to make gravy. Bring to a simmer and cook over very low heat..
- Preheat the oven 400F line.cut eggplants in half score the flesh with tip of a knife with diagonal lines.arange on prepared tray and brush the flesh with remaining ghee or preferred butter. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 25-30 minutes until tender.remove from the oven and let them cool.
- To serve, arrange the eggplants on plates and top with curry sauce.
Keto fried eggplant can be a side dish, an appetizer or the start of keto eggplant parmesan like I made here. It's a simple recipe, using Pork Panko (amazon) (my favorite keto friendly ingredient), but there are few things you have to keep in mind. This site earns a small commission as an Amazon affiliate. A video for Spicy Chinese Eggplant with Szechuan Sauce -a tasty, easy vegan dinner recipe you can serve over rice, cauliflower rice, rice noodles, black rice or even quinoa! Healthy low-carb, keto and paleo recipes plus free guides and diet plans to help you achieve your goals on the ketogenic diet.