Courgettes and peas bake. This recipe was sent in by Rayna Parashkevova from Bulgaria. Add the peas, salt, black pepper and the dill and mix together. Courgettes make a decent meal of any storecupboard ingredient.
Courgette fritters are an easy, cheap and quick vegetarian lunch or dinner. This recipe uses peas and cumin, but you can use whatever vegetables and spices you have. Tearing up lasagne sheets gives you super silky pasta, which is delicious with courgettes and peas. You can cook Courgettes and peas bake using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Courgettes and peas bake
- Prepare 4 of courgettes.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 200 g of short pasta.
- You need 50 g of breadcumbs.
- Prepare 8-10 of cherry tomatoes.
- You need half of tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
I'm holding back a little cooking water to emulsify with. Serve with a grind of black pepper, salad, pasta or polenta to keep the dish gluten-free. You can assemble this dish, refrigerate it and bake it later – or the next day. You can even freeze it and cook when needed.
Courgettes and peas bake instructions
- Add a pinch of salt to one tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick pan. Chop the onions finely and shallow fry them for five minutes or so until golden..
- In the meantime, chop the courgettes. The smaller you chop them, the sooner they will become mushy – so it depends on your preference. These are 1-2 cm..
- Add the courgettes to the pan with the nutmeg, the bay leaves and a generous pinch of pepper. Stir and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes..
- Once they have become soft and creamy, remove the lid but continue cooking so that the water evaporates..
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 200 C. Cook the pasta with the peas. Leave the pasta a few minutes undercooked as it will finish cooking in the oven..
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half..
- Once cooked, mix the pasta and the peas in with the courgettes and remove from heat. Add salt to taste..
- Fill an oven dish with the pasta and courgettes, cover it with the breadcrumbs and lay the tomatoes on top. Drizzle generously with olive oil..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the breadcrumbs look crispy. (I burned the tomatoes a bit here)..
Herby courgettes and peas with semolina porridge. Delicately spiced courgette and pea cakes. Top tip for making Chicken breasts roasted with peppers and courgettes. Try this Pea and Courgette Timables recipe, or contribute your own. A creative bbq recipe, this healthy salad is loaded with courgette, feta, rainbow chard, spinach & herbs.