Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat – koussa ablama. These are stuffed with either meat and spices, meat and rice, or rice and herbs for a vegan version. I'm going out to harvest my koussa zukes. They are a lovely small size like those in your photo.
In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, sausage, chopped onion, bread crumbs, egg and the reserved zucchini seeds. Zucchini is an extremely versatile vegetable, they can be roasted, baked into sweets, or stuffed as is the case in this recipe. ground black pepper. Ground beef and zucchini make a great pairing is this surprisingly light casserole. You can have Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat – koussa ablama using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat – koussa ablama
- You need 1 kg of baby zucchini, washed.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes, cut in slices.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of vegetable oil, for frying.
- It’s of For the stuffing:.
- You need 250 g of coarsely ground beef.
- You need 3 of onions, finely minced.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of pine nuts.
- You need 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
There's enough creamy cheese and orzo pasta to make this taste indulgent, but the zucchini plays a role too, as it has a naturally buttery taste and silky texture, both of which are enhanced by baking. See great recipes for Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat – koussa ablama too! In a deep bowl, mix the stuffing ingredients together. These easy ground beef casserole recipes are dinner winners, and most are easy on the budget as This hearty, meaty layered ziti casserole is made with ground beef and Italian sausage, along with These deconstructed stuffed peppers are everything you love about the dish, all thrown together in a.
Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat – koussa ablama step by step
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing..
- To prepare the stuffing: fry the pine nuts and onions in 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil until pine nuts are slightly roasted and the onions are soft..
- Stir in the meat, pepper, cinnamon and salt. Cook for 10 min until the meat is done. Remove from heat and let it cool..
- Stuff the zucchini, making sure they are fully stuffed..
- In a saucepan, fry the stuffed zucchini in ¾ cup of vegetable oil, turning them every few minutes until both sides are slightly brown. Remove from oil and arrange them in a baking tray..
- Preheat the oven to medium heat..
- Put the tomato slices on top of the zucchini and pour over the dissolved tomato paste. Add enough water to cover the zucchinis and tomato slices..
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and bake in the oven for 30 min or until the sauce thickens..
- Serve hot with vermicelli rice..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'vermicelli rice' under my profile..
To make it vegetarian, I substitute chopped mushrooms for ground meat, to great effect. The koussa are usually served warm, and a dollop of yogurt goes wonderfully with them. First- brown sausage in a large skillet. Cut zucchini while you are doing this and throw it in the skillet as you are cutting to get it softened a bit. This particular zucchini was bequeathed to me (as such things usually are) by a friend's mother.