Chex Party Mix – Traditional. Add Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, Corn Chex, and nuts. Mix well until all ingredients are coated. Great Grandma Pady's Traditional Chex Party Mix.
Also: Pretzel Sticks, Mixed Nuts, Butter, Worcestershire Sauce, Lawry's Seasoned Salt, Onion Powder…and FRESH GARLIC! Little changes excite me, even if they take place in a bowl of Chex Party Mix. I'm very easily amused. “Traditional” Chex Party Mix recipe: This old favorite has gone through many changes over the years, but we still enjoy it. You can have Chex Party Mix – Traditional using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chex Party Mix – Traditional
- You need 7 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of Seasoned Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 3 cup of Corn Chex cereal.
- Prepare 3 cup of Rice Chex cereal.
- It’s 3 cup of Wheat Chex cereal.
- Prepare 1 cup of Mixed Nuts.
- You need 1 cup of Pretzels.
- You need 1 cup of Bagel Chips or Mini Melba toast broken.
Once we mixed all of the liquids and spices together and poured it over the cereal mixture, with one person pouring and one mixing the cereals like “crazy” to thoroughly cover. I was a little nervous about making this in the microwave as opposed to the traditional oven method but it turned out great and saved time which I LOVE! Add corn cereal, cereal, bran cereal, wheat cereal, nuts and mix until well coated. It's corn Chex, wheat Chex, pretzels, rye chips and mini breadsticks combined with a unique seasoning blend for a one-of-a-kind snack.
Chex Party Mix – Traditional step by step
- Heat oven to 250°F..
- Melt butter and stir in seasonings..
- Place Chex Mix in deep baking dish and pour seasoned butter even over mix..
- BAKE Chex Mix for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes..
- Spread on paper towels to cool..
Gluten-Free Original Chex™ Party Mix (made without peanut, nut, or dairy ingredients). Gather everyone around the table to enjoy this delicious snack mix, full of Chex™ and Cheerios™ cereals and gluten-free pretzels. The browned butter makes traditional Chex Mix even better! Chef Susan Odell prepares a simple traditional chex mix that's great for snacking and a nice alternative to potato chips. Follow along and learn how to make.