Zucchini Oatmeal (Zoats). I made this batch of oatmeal using old-fashioned rolled oats, but you can use steel cut oats if you prefer- the cooking time will just be longer. Zoats – or, zucchini oatmeal — is a deliciously ingenious way to sneak veggies into your morning meal. Aside from the chocolate I eat daily (not mad about it!), I get veggies at every single meal.
Zucchini Oatmeal (Zoats) is a great way to smuggle in veggies into your morning meal. This dish can be enjoyed raw or heated. If you prefer raw food, you can use a self-made nut mylk or water like I. You can have Zucchini Oatmeal (Zoats) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Oatmeal (Zoats)
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- You need 1 of small zucchini, shredded.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of flaxmeal (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp. of golden raisins (optional).
- Prepare 1 of small overripe banana, mashed.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need of Toppings of choice.
These lightly sweetened whole-grain Banana Zucchini Oatmeal Cups make the perfect afternoon snack or breakfast on-the-go. How to Make Chocolate Zucchini Bread Oatmeal Zoats. This is surprisingly simple and you can also make a huge batch and rewarm them throughout the week. The combination is as simple as some.
Zucchini Oatmeal (Zoats) step by step
- Add the water, milk, oats, zucchini and salt to a medium pot over medium high heat..
- Once it comes to a simmer, reduce the heat down to medium and let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 or so minutes, until thickened and creamy..
- Stir in the mashed banana, flaxmeal, raisins and cinnamon, then after another minute remove the pot from the heat. If you like it sweeter, then add whatever additional sweetener now..
- Top with whatever toppings sounds good and eat immediately..
Have you tried Chocolate Zoats aka Zucchini Oatmeal yet? Add veggies and volume to your morning bowl of oats with this zucchini bread oatmeal recipe. Added bonus: your whole kitchen will smell like a freshly baked loaf of zucchini. Reviews for: Photos of Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies. Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet.