Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce – mehshi koussa. Fill zucchini with stuffing. (The rice expands and the meat will shrink so fill them all the way). Prepare the sauce: in a frying pan gently fry chopped onion in butter. When transparent add chopped garlic cook for a few seconds and chopped peeled tomatoes.
Cored Zucchini stuffed with a filling of spiced rice, ground I've always had mahshi cooked in tomato sauce. This was my first time having it swimming in a poodle of delicious garlicky. To adapt this kousa mahshi recipe for vegetarians, use chickpeas instead of minced beef. You can have Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce – mehshi koussa using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce – mehshi koussa
- Prepare 1 kg of baby zucchini, washed.
- Prepare 250 g of coarsely ground beef.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of rice, washed and drained.
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes, cut in cubes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare of – For the sauce:.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste dissolved in ½ cup water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried mint.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
Serve the stuffed zucchini with a little of the sauce and a dollop of yoghurt. Stuffed Squash In Tomato Sauce Kousa Mehshi Bil Banadoora Kousa is a Middle Eastern dish made with an aromatic spiced beef, rice and onion mixture (stuffing). Lebanese zucchini is tiny and almost sweet; this dish is considered comfort food here and the These are stuffed with either meat and spices, meat and rice, or rice and herbs for a vegan version. Mix the tomato paste or soup with the water and pour over the zucchini.
Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce – mehshi koussa instructions
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing..
- To prepare the stuffing: mix the rice, ground beef, spices and tomatoes. Combine well..
- Fill only ¾ of each zucchini leaving space for the rice to expand when cooked..
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together with 3 cups water and pour them over the zucchini..
- When the water starts boiling, reduce the heat; cover the pan and let it simmer for 1 hr..
- Serve hot with plain yogurt on the side..
Turn a heatproof dinner plate upside-down over the zucchini to keep them in place and keep in the steam. Try our easy to follow stuffed zucchini in tomato sauce recipe. Transfer zucchini to a chopping board and use a teaspoon to scrape out zucchini flesh, leaving a shell. Roughly chop flesh and combine with onion, rice mixture, chopped. Lebanese zucchini is tiny and almost sweet; this dish is considered comfort food here and the zucchinis These are stuffed with either meat and spices, meat and rice, or rice and herbs for a vegan version.