Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa. In a deep bowl, mix the stuffing ingredients together. Is there anything more appetizing than Warak Enab and Kousa Mahshi?(stuffed zucchini and grape leaves with lamb chops). Stuffed vine leaves dish is one of the side dishes that usually being served in occasions with friends or family.
It can be stuffed with (rice, minced meat, vegetables, olive oil, lemon juice), can be cooked with lamb chops, chicken, and other types of meat. It is always served with wide range of salads. Tasteful and light meal at the same time. You can cook Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa
- You need 500 g of vine leaves, washed and stems removed.
- You need 1 kg of baby zucchini, washed.
- It’s 1 kg of lamb ribs.
- You need 3/4 cup of lemon juice.
- You need of For the stuffing:.
- You need 600 g of coarsely ground beef.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of white rice, washed and drained.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
Main dish: Wara'a Enab and Kusa (stuffed with rice. Middle Eastern dish consisting of stuffed vine leaves and zucchini. Zucchini Flowers Dolma Stuffed with Rice Pilaf / Turkish Food in Plate Stuffed grape leaves Close-up of a plate with stuffed snails Traditional Italian dish – grilled eggplants stuffed with rise, tomatoes, garlic and sauce on a. Warak enab or waraq inab is simply vine leaves stuffed with minced meat, rice and spices.
Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa instructions
- In a deep bowl, mix the stuffing ingredients together..
- Place the vine leaves in a pot filled with boiling water for 1 min. Remove from hot water and place under cold water. Strain well and set aside..
- Take one vine leaf and spread it on a flat surface and place 1 teaspoon of the stuffing in the middle forming a straight line. Fold the sides inwards first and roll to warp. Make sure the stuffing is completely covered and the vine leaf is tightly wrapped. Repeat same procedure with the other vine leaves..
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing..
- Fill only ¾ of each zucchini leaving space for the rice to expand when cooked..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the meat ribs and fry them in a skillet until brown..
- Place the cooked ribs at the bottom of a deep pot..
- Place the wrapped vine leaves over the ribs in layers then place the stuffed zucchini on top of the leaves. Add the lemon juice and some boiling water to cover the pot contents. Place a plate, face inwards, on top of the contents to weigh them down while cooking..
- Cover pot and allow it to simmer on low heat for 1 hr 30 min..
- Turn off the heat and remove the plate. Remove the zucchini and set aside..
- To serve, place a serving dish, facing inwards, over the pot. Turn over the pot upside down, holding tightly the dish under it. Let the content drop on the serving dish and remove slowly the pot. Arrange the zucchini on top..
- Serve warm with yogurt on the side..
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted. Ask anyone in Qatar – stuffed grape leaves must be made with loving hands, not purchased. Qatar is bordered by Saudia Arabia and the A yummy Middle Eastern recipe. A perfectly stuffed Arabian grape leaf is a thing of beauty, and this version can be found throughout the Gulf. Place a small dessert plate on the pot to hold the stuffed veggies in place; mix the olive oil, lemon juice and water and pour over the pot and bring to a gentle simmer.